Friday, February 22, 2013

what we did//valentine's 2013 part II

FEB16SAT We had plans to take a day trip to Milwaukee but we ended up spending the day in the city instead. It was a free day at the Shedd Aquarium and Peter hadn't been there so we decided to go. On the way, we ate at Sultan's Market (so good and super cheap) where I had a falafel sandwich and Peter had some kind of dinner plate. We got to museum campus, parked and walked over to Shedd where the line was literally hundreds of feet long. Like, out the door, down the marble stairs, through the tent and out on the sidewalk. They close at 6 so we figured we didn't have enough time and it was so so so cold that we decided to just walk next door to the Field Museum. There was no line there. We saw Sue, mummies, giant plastic robot bugs, flowers and other natural history sorts of things. We took a photobooth picture and left when the museum closed. We got home, watched a documentary called The Invisible War on Netflix, ate dinner at home and then we watched Bridesmaids (one of my favorites) since Peter had never seen it. I fell asleep before the movie was over and then we went to bed.

FEB17SUN We went to Hebron on Sunday morning for church where we heard a sermon on relationships. Clearly the boys (Peter) have selective hearing and only decided to listen to the "wives, submit to your husbands" portion even though the message was about the exact opposite and the misconception of the word "submit". Boys. Peter, Charlene, Simon and I went to lunch at Tensuke and had sushi and ramen. Then we went to Mitsuwa for green tea ice cream. We went back to Hebron and watched Simon and the guys play basketball while me, Charlene and Peter ate girl scout cookies. We decided to watch a movie but had some time before the show so we went to Starbucks and then headed over to the Randhurst AMC. I had never been there before but it is soooooooo nice. They have these couch seats on the side with tables for all your food and drinks. We watched Side Effects (so good) and Peter, Simon and Charlene all took turns falling asleep. It's kind of slow but so good. We went home since we weren't hungry and S&C met us at my house for a late dinner. We picked up Buffalo Joe's for the four of us and after we ate, we all, once again, took turns falling asleep. S&C left and me and Peter tried to stay up since it was his last night in Chicago. By "stay up" I mean 2am.

FEB18MON Peter had an early flight so we woke up at 6:30 and we drove to the airport around 7. The lines at security were pretty long so we said our goodbyes and he stood in line while I waited. I drove back home and literally slept all day on the couch and ate chocolate because I was sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment